Community Employment Services
The MRI Community Employment Services (CES) Program provides people with the tools they need to find a job within the community. We represent people with a wide-range of abilities, education, and experience and assist them in community integrated work settings. Our Employment Specialists provide one-on-one assistance throughout the job search process. All services provided through the Community Employment program are free, but you must get a referral through the Illinois Department of Human Services’ Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS).
We can help with:
- Situational assessment to determine capabilities
- Vocational interest testing
- Assistance with resume creation
- Assistance with completion of job applications
- Assistance with interview preparation
- Participation in weekly job training sessions in group setting
- Follow-up with the employee and employer
- Job coaching services if necessary
What do I need to do to be able to receive Community Employment Services (CES)?
You will need a referral for MRI CES services from the Illinois Department of Human Services/Division of Rehabilitation Services (DHS/DRS). Contact their office by telephone at (217) 875-8703 or in person at 757 W. Pershing Road, Decatur, IL. You will need to specify that you want a referral to MRI (Macon Resources, Inc.) for Community Employment Services. They will work with you and make the referral.
What information do I need in order to work with DHS/DRS to get into Community Employment Services?
You will need documentation proving that you have a disability. Contact DHS/DRS at (217) 875-8703 for information on the specific documentation they will need.